- Christy Walton has edged above her fellow Walmart shareholders in wealth due to investing in a solar panels company.
- Mars have recently pledged to make all their chocolate Fairtrade.
- Bill Gates has funded $28 billion so far to his foundation which seeks to eradicate polio and improve standards of health worldwide.
- Warren Buffet is the world's biggest philanthropist.
- Dieter Schwarz inherited Lidl, the discount retailer. All dividends are donated to a charitable company, The Schwarz Foundation, supporting education and daycare facilities for children.
- Mark Zuckerberg has enabled Facebookers worldwide to pledge their organ donation preferences through the Social Networking site, enabling millions more to be eligible for organ donation.