Before you apply
We're always thrilled to receive interesting applications, so please email yours if you'd like to consider joining us.
Oh, before you do that, be mindful that we’re really keen to know your reasons for applying to Castlefield. Please tell us why you think you might want to work for us, how your values are aligned to ours, what your plans are for the future and how we can help you get there.
We know you’re passionate and ambitious, so tell us something we don’t know. Don’t list “socialising with friends” as one of your main interests on the CV either – it’s very unlikely to set you apart.
Bear in mind that we need to know that you want to work with us, not that you just want a job.
Once you have done your research, please email your covering letter and you can attach your CV too if you have one to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens after you apply?
You should be aware that we might want to talk to you on the telephone before we meet you and that we might ask you to talk about your values and aspirations during the initial conversation.
After that initial conversation the selection process would involve any two of the below list of three options:
- The Open Day (this is the case for most of our roles). The event takes around three hours and is held in our office in Manchester. You'll have an opportunity to meet other candidates, learn more about Castlefield and get to know some of our co-owners as they'll pop in to see you too. It's not an assessment centre, but we have two group activities that we’d like you to take part in. It’s fun, it’s informal and so informative.
- Alternatively, we might invite you to come and spend some time with the team in the office (as a form of work trial). This is a really good way of learning what the day-to-day job might look like and discovering if working at Castlefield is for you. You'll meet the wider team, have a lovely coffee from our kitchen and be able to ask as many questions as possible!
- An interview. There'll always be at least one! We prefer structured interviews where we can find out a bit more about your motivations, learn about what engages you and what your plans are for the future. Your potential line manager would also ask you some technical questions if appropriate.
Whatever the precise process we choose we aim to keep you informed throughout and want to provide you with the feedback within 10 days of your visit to us.
And finally, once you start working with us, there’ll be an agreed trial period during which both you and we can assess if the chemistry really works.
Our current opportunities
Here is the list of our current opportunities.
- Financial Services Administrator
- Executive, Investment Management